NAR’s REALTOR® Safety Program
More than a decade ago, the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® launched the REALTOR® Safety Program to educate REALTORS® on the potential risks they face while on the job. Over the years, the program has produced videos, hosted webinars, created marketing materials and developed a presentation for Associations and brokers to use with their agents. Safety will continue to be an important topic for NAR. In 2015, NAR strengthened the REALTOR® Safety Program by adding new components, updating existing resources, and increasing the marketing efforts and visibility of the program to keep safety a priority every day.
- NAR has a wealth of resources to help agents, brokers, and associations better understand and educate each other about the safety risks they face.
- From planning your safety strategy to extensive safety resources including apps, products, and educators, NAR has many useful items for all real estate professionals including regularly-scheduled safety webinars, numerous articlesorganized by category, and videos.
Current Resources on www.realtor.org/Safety
- Safety presentation materials, including PowerPoint presentation template, talking points and handouts. These tools are great for office meetings and training sessions.
- Office forms for REALTORS® and clients to help establish safety protocols.
- Archived safety webinars on such topics as personal safety, open house safety and holiday season safety tips.
- Videos and monthly articles to discuss during meetings and share in monthly communications.
- Dynamic safety widget revealing a new safety tip each week and Web banners to post on your website.
- Information on safety smart phone apps to download, safety products to purchase and safety experts available for safety training presentations.
- As part of its Window to the Law video series, NAR’s Legal department presents legal tips and best practices to take into consideration when implementing safety programs and policies to help agents stay safe.